Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
Carbon reduction commitment (CRC) can help improve energy efficiency – and so can we…
The aim of the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC) is to improve energy efficiency in the private and public sector organisations that are high energy users; Other legislation exists for more energy intensive sectors (Climate Change Agreements and EU ETS). High energy users are those organisations that have at least one settled half hourly electricity meter and are using 6MWh or more per year of qualifying electricity supplied though settled half hourly meters. Full participants are required to annually purchase carbon emission allowances equal to their emissions. As with ESOS, the CRC scheme works in phases with the current one (Phase 2) running since the 1st of April 2015 to March the 31st 2019. Organisations becoming high energy users during Phase 1 are expected to participate in Phase 2.
CMR can support your organisation meeting the CRC requirements by:
- Managing the electricity consumption data coming from your settled half hourly electricity meters;
- Identify and measure emissions that are exempt from the scheme (such as those already covered by Climate Change Agreements);
- Calculate the CRC emissions;
- Submit the mandatory annual report;
- Help with the ordering of the Emissions Allowances;
- Advise on payment for the Allowances;
- Advise on submissions of Emission allowances;
- Maintain the Evidence Pack.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on +44 (0)844 225 1166 to speak to one of our senior energy and water consultants.