CMR Consultants has significant experience working with the healthcare sector.
We have a detailed understanding of where energy and water is used, the factors influencing it and the measurement and Key Performance Indicators needed to evaluate efficiency and identify solutions. We have software tools and test equipment to streamline energy and water audits and at the same time, ensure our recommendations are underpinned by scientific measurements and robust calculations.
We have recently worked with a major UK healthcare provider in developing Investment Grade Audits at hospitals, including detailed CHP feasibility studies and audits at HSSUs. We are currently working with an NHS trust supporting the upgrade and optimisation of their BMS systems. We develop bespoke programmes to meet client needs and fully understand the operational standards and regulations associated with providing safe and comfortable environments. Typically, our audit process would include:
- Initial review; to understand culture and values, employee, contractor and sub-contractor roles and responsibilities, governance, H & S, policy and legislative frameworks;
- Detailed energy and water analysis, including regression analysis of significant energy consuming plant, equipment and services including BMS, lighting, boilers, CHP and steam/LTHW distribution, Chillers, Air Handling Units (AHUs), Laundry and sterilisation Systems, accommodation and catering.
- Walk round survey; to agree key focus areas with the engineering team;
- Detailed audit; including actual performance measurement of lighting, motors and drives, chillers, boilers, AHUs, Laundry/sterilisation systems and water flow-rates.
- Post-audit de-brief; to discuss the findings of the audit with the hospital management and/or owners;
- Detailed reports; two reports are produced; a detailed technical report for the engineering team; a summary report for the GM and FD. The detailed report included description and operation, analysis (including energy and water mapping), recommendations (low/no cost; CapEx and renewables) and next steps;
- Audit review meeting; To formally review the audit findings with the Hospital team and agree next steps.
CMR can provide a host of follow-on services including:
- Automatic metering, monitoring and targeting;
- Detailed feasibility studies;
- Site Support and project management;
- Measurement and verification of savings;
- Demand-side management;
- Legislative compliance;
Our preference is to work with healthcare providers at a strategic level to ensure audits and more importantly, the audit recommendations are carefully co-ordinated and programmes developed to ensure a safe, cost-effective and operationally efficient delivery. We also stress the importance of having a robust measurement and reporting framework in place to verify that the level of savings identified in the audit are realised.