CMR have been providing energy and water management services to manufacturing for over 20 years and we are the energy efficiency services providers to the EEF.
Manufacturing in the UK is diverse and complex with hundreds of different energy and water intensive industrial processes in operation. CMR have developed significant knowledge and experience of both industrial processes and the building services that are used to support them. For this reason we apply a robust engineering based approach to manufacturing and industrial sites using techniques such as:
- Energy Mapping;
- Regression analysis of energy usage against production;
- Detailed engineering studies of plant and equipment;
- Energy logging;
- Temperature, flow-rate and pressure measurements;
- Standard Workday Energy Efficiency Planning (SWEEP)
Energy and carbon legislation also impacts on manufacturing and in many cases, a manufacturer will have to balance numerous compliance schemes; CRC, EU-ETS, CCA, ESOS, Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting etc. and at the same time and evaluate their interdependencies. CMR can provide cradle to grave compliance services for legislative compliance and ensure a cost and resource efficient process.
For large and complex industrial sites we have developed an energy and water Kaizen, which is typically a 1 week event involving employees from across the site. The Kaizen programme follows 6 modules:
- Review (site scoping meeting, interviews and review policies, procedures etc.);
- Gather data and analyse (energy, water, carbon and production data);
- Investigate (general and specific site surveys);
- Ideation and quantification (review site survey findings, prioritise and develop projects lists);
- Planning (roles & responsibilities, management reporting, risks, programmes etc.);
- Senior Team De-brief.
Although the Kaizen can be resource intensive, it yields dramatic results with typically 20% to 30% energy and water savings projects identified.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com, or call on +44 (0)844 225 1166 to speak to one of our senior energy and water consultants.