Water Audits & Strategy
By identifying leaks and eliminating inefficient uses of water you can make impressive consumption savings. From changing behaviours and awareness raising, to introducing water reduction technology, these improvements contribute to sustainability objectives, as well as saving money.
Leakage/Wastage detection surveys
Significant cost savings can be made by identifying and eliminating water leaks and wastage, whether above or below ground level. A recent survey of a large hotel showed that over 50% of its annual water cost was due to just three major underground leaks.
The hidden cost of leaks
Underground leaks cannot be seen or heard and so they go undetected. As water related bills are generally lower than energy bills, this utility often does not get the same level of scrutiny and so bills continue to be paid year-on-year. Leaks can also damage your infrastructure and prevent meeting your company CSR/sustainability objectives.
How can CMR help?
We adopt a step-by-step process:
- Firstly, we undertake a detailed utilisation survey to identify the ‘gap’ between metered usage and our estimate of the genuine demands. If this assessment does not identify any potential leakage the project is curtailed at this point.
- If a significant quantity of water is unaccounted for, then we undertake a leak detection survey using various technologies.
- A concise report prioritises the leak repair programme needed.
- We can then supervise the repair programme and check savings made post-implementation.
Water consumption efficiency – By identifying and eliminating inefficient uses of water you can make impressive consumption savings. From behavioural change to introducing water reduction technologies, these improvements contribute to sustainability objectives, as well as saving money. In addition to the standard toilets, urinals, sinks, catering, laundry and shower usage seen by many commercial organisations, industrial usage also includes cooling tower make-up water, vehicle washing, treatment rinse make-up, RO generation, irrigation, effluent treatment, steam boiler make-up, product absorption and humidification.
Towns water, in most countries, is delivered to the consumer fit for human consumption and, therefore, is an expensive resource. Many businesses don’t realise how inefficiently they are using this costly resource, or appreciate the monetary or environmental cost. Water is used in many ways, providing lots of opportunities to improve efficiency:
We carry out a comprehensive range of services comprising of the following elements:
- A desktop assessment of your water consumption or usage profiling using existing data;
- Water mapping to identify areas of high consumption and scope for savings;
- A detailed identification of all opportunities with full cost-benefit analysis;
- Delivery of all implementation measures;
- Measurement and reporting of on-going savings, including installation of water smart meters (AMR);
Our concise reports provide a strategy and plan on how to make changes that deliver efficiency improvements, implementation costs, monetary savings and ROI.
Savings of often well over 50% can be achieved by adopting a proactive approach to water consumption management.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com, or call on +44 (0)844 225 1166 to speak to one of our senior energy and water consultants.